May 5 is International Permaculture Day -- what better way to celebrate than a seed & plant exchange at Kualoa Ranch starting at 1 p.m.! Workshops, speakers, and live music too.
When: Sunday February 24, 2013
Place: Ailani Gardens in Waianae (directions here)
Cost: $40 (includes Lunch)
This Introduction to Permaculture Workshop will help everyone – from novice to advanced gardeners – understand how to apply permaculture our own lives to improve our health, our economies, and our ‘Aina. Take a tour of Ailani Gardens to see permaculture techniques in practice. Enjoy a fresh-picked organic lunch with some other goodies. The afternoon will be some hands-on practical gardening. (Click flyer image for larger view.)
Workshop schedule and registration >>
Hope to see folks on Saturday afternoon in Aina Haina for a Transition Oahu potluck!
Time: 1:15 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Location: 667 W. Hind Drive, Aina Haina, at the home of Ron Robinson (map below)
This is another opportunity to connect with other Transition oriented folks and learn about exciting projects you can get involved in. Bring a dish to share. To minimize waste, please also bring your own eating dishes, cups and utensils.
We aim to have potlucks every other month on different parts of the island, so if you'd like to host one in March, please contact us. We'd love to meet you!
Barter - Swap - Reskill
The antidote to the consumer crush this holiday season...
Thursday, December 27
Fresh Café, 831 Queen Street, Honolulu (map >>)
Doors open @ 7pm
No money allowed -- we are trading in the currency of relationships, goods & services!
Got Facebook? Visit the Facebook SKILLSHARE event page and RSVP!
Alternating weekends at farms and other sites around the island, January 19 - March 31. This is the same format as the first Oahu PDC early this year. Primary instructors are Hunter Heaivilin and Matthew Lynch.
Early bird discount through 12/31 (space permitting).
For complete info and online registration, see:
Oahu PDC 2013
Great opportunity for community building and raising awareness about the value of sustainable agriculture on three consecutive Friday evenings in November. A different farm each evening. The format is 5pm farm tour, free pupus (and potluck if you like please consider local & organic ingredients & BYO utensils/dishes/cups), then 6pm film followed by discussion with featured special guests (come anytime, better than not at all!!!) Details >>
Transition Oahu will be at 19th Annual Children and Youth Day at the State Capitol and surrounding Capitol district. Look for our interactive booth at the "Green Zone".
Sunday, October 7, 2012
10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
State Capitol and surrounding Capitol district (see map)
Volunteers encouraged! See the complete event listing >>
We're getting a discussion about complementary currencies rolling with a free screening of The Money Fix.
Monday, Sept. 24, 7-9 p.m.
Manoa Public Library
The film is 79 minutes so we'll have time for some discussion afterwards. Hope to see you!
- Working Groups
- Upcoming Events
- Oahu Monthly Permaculture Design Course - 2016
- 10/24/15: Class, "How to Grow Sprouts"
- 8/6/15: Transition Oahu/Oahu TimeBank Plant Based Potluck
- Once a month, 6 weekend Permaculture Design Certificate Course, begins 3/21/15
- 1/22/15: Movie Cowspiracy at the Capitol
Calendar - Archived Items
- ShareFest Honolulu
- 11/27/14: Thanksgiving Day Potluck
- 11/13/14: Movie - Cowspiracy
- 7/10/14: Potluck & Bicycling Presentation
- Waimanalo Permaculture Design Course 2014
- 5/15/14: Potluck and Sharefest planning
- 4/8/14: In Transition 2.0 Screening at the Capitol
- 3/13/14: Potluck & Movie, Time As Money
- Oahu Permaculture Design Course - Winter 2014
- 1/16/14: Movie: In Transition 2.0 & Potluck
- 11/28/13: Thanksgiving Potluck
- 9/12/13: Move & Potluck: Money & Life
- 8/5 - 8/18 Permaculture Design Course, Waimanalo
- 7/11/13: Movie & Potluck, Permaculture in the Tropics and Discussion with Matt Lynch
- Contact Us