Transition Oahu is a grassroots community movement growing around our need to build increasingly sustainable and resilient communities.
We are part of a worldwide movement working to meet the challenges of peak oil, climate change, financial crises, and natural and man-made disasters while creating a better quality of life in the process.
Re-localization is key. Our aim is to collaborate with other groups and individuals to formulate our own unique Transition Initiative based on our community’s needs, resources, culture, strengths, and weaknesses.
To join Transition Oahu's email list, please send a request using our
contact form. Your information will be kept strictly private.
Some of the courses in our calendar
are offered through:
Barter Bar @ FreshCafe starting
again in April:
- Working Groups
- 8/5 - 8/18 Permaculture Design Course, Waimanalo
- Upcoming Events
- Calendar - Archived Items>
- 3/30 - Transition Potluck in Mililani
- 1/19 - 3/31, Oahu PDC 2013
- 1/19 - Transition Oahu Potluck
- 12/27 - SKILLSHARE at Fresh Cafe
- 10/7 - Children & Youth Day at the Capitol
- 9/1/12 - Herbal Medicine Workshop
- 8/26 - Potluck Picnic at Kakaako Park
- 8/25 - Introduction to Permaculture at Ailani Gardens
- 7/30 - 8/12: 2 week Permaculture Design Certificate Course
- 7/21 - Transition Fundraiser - Green Business Owner Tournament
- 7/7- Intro to Permaculture at Ailani Gardens
- 6/21 - Free Movie, Urban Permaculture
- 5/17 - Free Movie, Permaculture in the Tropics
- 5/12 - Potluck with Transition US trainer, David Johnson
- 4/26 - Free Movie, Soils
- 4/21 - Cultured Foods with Heidi Hansen
- 4/21/12 - Sprouting with Ron Robinson
- 3/31 Potluck: Transition and Friends
- Calendar - March 2012 archive
- Contact Us